Thursday, April 24, 2008

Update

Well, I guess it's been awhile since I last posted...
We've had a busy couple of weeks!

Last week I got a job. My friend Aimee has been drafting from home for an architecture firm and she received a call from another architect asking her if she wanted to work for him also. Well, her job and kids are keeping her plenty busy so she graciously passed the opportunity on to me. I gladly accepted! I told the architect I could only commit to about 10 hours a week since I can only work during nap times and when Dan is home. It's a great opportunity to keep my foot in the architecture world and also a great opportunity to save up some cash for that bigger car that we are hoping to purchase soon! = )
We went to Lewiston and spent a few days with the family and played at my parents/grandparents ranch. Ellie LOVES it there!!

While we were in Lewiston we found out that a friend of ours in Texas who had been battling cancer had passed away. We decided that we wanted to find a way for one of us to go to the memorial service and show our love to the family. (wife, daughter-14, and son-19) Since I'm a little tied down taking care of two little ones, Dan was the one who was able to go. We were able to find a good last minute flight with our airline miles.


We look forward to picking Dan up from the airport tonight! Ellie is planning on wearing her P.J.'s and slippers and can't wait to get the surprise Daddy picked up for her in Texas!

1 comment:

The Barkdull Family.... said...

Glad I could be of service :) A little extra money is always nice!