Saturday, October 18, 2008

There's no place like home...

...and I have two homes, one in Idaho and one in Texas. I'm blogging from Texas where we are enjoying a visit back to where we lived for five years. I'm overwhelmed by how comfortable it is here. Even though we have been gone for two years everything seems the same. I'm not good at keeping in contact with people so the communication has been limited over the past two years yet there is no awkwardness and it feels like we never left. The only reminder of the time that has past comes when I look at Ellie in Texas and she is a little girl now. When we moved away she was still a baby.
Our time has been wonderful so far and we are looking forward to a couple more days here. Tomorrow we will go to church and it will be so much fun seeing more familiar faces.
Even though we feel so at home here in Texas we are still so happy to be living back in Idaho. No regrets. I just wish Texas was a little closer to Idaho so we could visit more often.

Will blog more about our trip and will share a few pictures in a couple days.

No comments: