Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Well, I had big fears of standing in line for hours in the cold wind and rain waiting to cast my vote with two kids in tow. Guess I worried about nothing because we walked right in, grabbed a ballot and I was done filling in my ovals before Colton even realized he was strapped into a stationary stroller!

Ellie was pretty confused by the whole voting thing. I told her we were going to vote today and I immediately realized she thought I said boat. So I thought I did a really good job explaining to her that we weren't B-Boating we were V-Voting. Well, before we left the house to go vote she said, "Mommy, are we going to take a lunch to eat on the Boat?". Hmmm, guess I didn't explain it as well as I thought I did.

Our polling place was at our library so since it went so fast Ellie was able to go in and play on the library computers for a little bit. She even got to "vote" for her favorite cartoon character. Hopefully she's not confused about why we didn't get to ride on a boat today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too cute...kids!!!

Hilty Sprouts said...

We voted after work in our new hometown! We actually saw several neighbors and people we have met. It made me feel like we are becoming part of the community. The kids thought it was pretty exciting too.

The Barkdull Family.... said...

That is funny--at least she wasn't disappointed that you weren't going on a boat!