Thursday, August 28, 2008

playground trauma

We had our first playground disaster yesterday. We were just about to go home and have lunch when I heard Ellie scream and start crying. I didn't see it happen but apparently she fell off something a couple feet high and landed on her elbow. I thought it must have been pretty bad the way she reacted...since she is usually pretty tough. She was barely moving her arm and at one point even asked me to put her arm up on my shoulder while I was holding her. = (
So I took her to the Urgent care where Dan met us and took Colton to get some baby food at the nearby grocery store. It was about 1:30 and none of us had eaten lunch yet so I was very glad Dan was able to get off work too meet us and help me with Colton.

They did a few x-rays of Ellie's arm and that was pretty traumatic. It was obviously very painful for her to move her arm so every little angle they tried to get picture of made her cry really hard.

Anyways, long story shorter, she didn't break it. She has a contusion (bruise) which is pretty deep in her elbow. So she is wearing a sling for a couple days and taking lots of Motrin.

Uncle Nate and Aunt Linda took some time away from their 25th wedding anniversary to join us at DQ for a little ice cream treat. Doesn't ice cream always make you feel better??? = )

1 comment:

Hilty Sprouts said...

Ok, first of all so sorry about little Ellie's elbow :(, but seriously, she is the cutest sad little girl with a big owie that I've ever seen. That being said, hope she gets better soon.

Second, love the new header on your blog.

Third, how do you know the Kramers? I noticed their blog on your list. Joel graduated highschool with Adam. Small world.

Jen